OpenRaid

Forums

You have private messages. Click to view them. You can access the forum via 'Board index'. See 'OpenRaid/My Account/Preferences' to change this behaviour.

Houston, we have a problem!

For support relating to the OpenRaid website, including events and character profiles.

Houston, we have a problem!

Postby Wanobi » View Wanobi's OpenRaid characters » Mon Apr 02, 2018 10:19 am

After not being to access the site for a couple days I finally am able to get back in...

to discover that not only was my upcoming event cleared from existence, the last couple weeks of event history was gone as well.

What happened, and is there going to be a fix?

Need to know so I don't duplicate stuff (and know for future reference).
Wanobi
Wanobi, US-Alliance
Corporal
Corporal

Re: Houston, we have a problem!

Postby Kellyislame » View Kellyislame's OpenRaid characters » Mon Apr 02, 2018 8:11 pm

Wanobi wrote:After not being to access the site for a couple days I finally am able to get back in...

to discover that not only was my upcoming event cleared from existence, the last couple weeks of event history was gone as well.

What happened, and is there going to be a fix?

Need to know so I don't duplicate stuff (and know for future reference).

I also noticed the past couple of weeks of my history has been removed/deleted and just assumed this happened during the recovery process. I was unable to leave feedback for the event I attended last Friday because it is missing as well. Any word on this site admins?
Kellyislame
Kelly, US-Horde

Postby Bellancia » View Bellancia's OpenRaid characters » Tue Apr 03, 2018 5:21 am

This is not official answer as I am not a site admin or owner, only moderate it during my free time these days.

From what I have heard, something happened on the server and the only option they had to get the site back online was to restore it from a backup.

They tried multiple backups and the most stable was mid March.

Any data which was added to the site since Mid (I don't have the exact date) March no longer exists.
Bellancia - US Horde
Ex-OpenRaid Director and Murloc Lover.
Follow my Twitch | Email Me | See my raids | Follow me on Twitter
Bellancia
Moltendrome, US-Horde
Forum & Chat Team
Forum & Chat Team
OpenRaid donor!

Postby Kellyislame » View Kellyislame's OpenRaid characters » Tue Apr 03, 2018 7:17 pm

Gotcha - thanks for shedding some light on what happened Bellancia :)
Kellyislame
Kelly, US-Horde

Postby Wanobi » View Wanobi's OpenRaid characters » Wed Apr 04, 2018 5:13 am

Even an unofficial answer helps.

I went looking on the twitter page and everything trying to figure out what was going on, because I started getting e-mail notifications about messages from years ago and everything.

I knew something was going on...I just didn't know what the "something" was.
Wanobi
Wanobi, US-Alliance
Corporal
Corporal

Return to OpenRaid Website Support