OpenRaid

Forums

You have private messages. Click to view them. You can access the forum via 'Board index'. See 'OpenRaid/My Account/Preferences' to change this behaviour.

Suggestion about being accepted or not in raid

OpenRaid.org and ZergID.com will be launching a new site together in 2016 under the ZergID.com domain. Your suggestions matter!

Suggestion about being accepted or not in raid

Postby Himela » View Himela's OpenRaid characters » Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:58 am

I have noticed some times that people create events, I sign up for them and I never get accepted or not accepted, while I always assume that I may be accepted last minute and cancel everything I could have done on that day. I think this has to be solved somehow cause if you claim you'll "definitely" join the raid and you don't, you will lose some of your reputation. On the other hand there has to be a deadline for you to know you are joining a raid or not. Due to that I would suggest a solution; 24 hours before the event the creator of it will have to choose which people they accept, which they reject and which are a maybe join. This way people who have signed up will have the time to know they have their 2-3 hours free or not. It's not my fault if the creator of the event does not care enough to check his raid event and accept or reject people for it. Either way I will never know whether the raid happened or did not happen and whether people will lower my reputation. Event starters need to have some responsibility towards the people who are serious and mature and want to actually take part in a raid. Thank you.
Himela
Nowherenear, EU-Alliance

Re: Suggestion about being accepted or not in raid

Postby Drakestalker » View Drakestalker's OpenRaid characters » Tue Jun 02, 2015 11:35 am

No, that will never happen. The day raid leaders will have to lock in their roster 24 hours before the event will be the day I stop raid leading on OpenRaid. This "I want, therefore raid leaders must provide" attitude is not healthy, and I see it's quite widespread.

Here's a suggestion for you. Try to look for more than one raid, sign up to all raids that seem attractive to you, and see which one pans out. Don't put all of your eggs in one basket, so to speak. Of course, you will sign off from all other raids once you get approved to one, but the point is that if one raid doesn't work out, you won't have wasted an entire week.

To increase your chances of getting approved you can look up the event leader, create a character on his realm, talk to him, PM him on OpenRaid, sh*t like that. :)

Then again I've covered all of this here: http://OpenRaid.zergid.com/f/15179 :P

I mean, you could look a little harder and find a raid leader that has a reliable method of approving people and getting in touch with those he'd like to add to the roster.

*cough, cough* Just saying. *cough, hint*

Flame on!

"Those who make conversations impossible, make escalation inevitable."

- Stefan Molyneux
Drakestalker
Adun, EU-Horde
Sergeant Major

Postby Baelenn » View Baelenn's OpenRaid characters » Tue Jun 02, 2015 12:25 pm

@OP, This has been suggested before and rejected on those occasions too.

While I can see where you are coming from I think what you are asking for would not be healthy for OR.

I would recommend doing as Drake suggested, check for more than one raid in your preferred timespot, sign up to all of them, First Come First Served, then just cancel on the others.
If that raid doesnt pan out that well, give the others a try the next week. As long as youre up front about what youre doing and why, nobody worth raiding with will have an issue with it.

Sign up - "I'm signing to several events at the same time, I'll commit to the first to approve me"
Sign Off - "I've been approved to another run at the same time as yours, so i'm pulling out of yours for this week"

Do those things well in advance of raid time and no one has grounds for complaint imo. Anyone who gets shirty about it probably isnt going to be someone I would want to raid with anyway.
Baelenn - Hunter
Clovern - Resto Shaman
Korturas - Frosty Bloodcovered DK
Kochae - Resto Enhance Shaman
Baelenn
Cotilliona, EU-Horde
Corporal
Corporal

Postby yawerty » View yawerty's OpenRaid characters » Tue Jun 02, 2015 2:14 pm

Or you can, you know, voluntarily CANCEL your sign up if you weren't accepted 24 hour prior to the raid. Then nobody is forced to do anything, and it is as convenient for you as you desired.
yawerty
Dal, US-Horde

Postby Mitsukai » View Mitsukai's OpenRaid characters » Tue Jun 02, 2015 3:03 pm

Also, if you ARE getting ratings as a reserve, please do open a support ticket.

If you're on reserve or available (thus not accepted) your reputation will not lower (dunno what you're talking about there) and you should get no ratings at all (actually, you can't be rated if not on the accepted/reserve rooster).

The 24h lock: that's definitely not a good idea, since I do have (a lot of) people signing up on the actual day of the raid.
"Though a candle burns in my house…there's nobody home"

Mitsukai
Mitsukai, EU-Horde
MVP
MVP
OpenRaid donor!

Postby Himela » View Himela's OpenRaid characters » Tue Jun 02, 2015 5:12 pm

I will do what you suggested, thanks for taking the time to reply.
Himela
Nowherenear, EU-Alliance

Postby Darrie » View Darrie's OpenRaid characters » Tue Jun 02, 2015 5:45 pm

What we really try to keep first and foremost is the flexibility involved with OpenRaid. You can always change your status to Not Coming if you don't feel like waiting to find out if you'll be accepted for a raid, or if you get sick, or make plans with your friends, or whatever else. Basically we don't care why you change your status to Not Coming! However, if you don't change your status and then you are accepted and don't show, then a penalty can be applied to your reputation.

This has been suggested before as it was already stated, to have a lock out period where nobody can sign up or change their status. While we've considered adding something like a 15 minute window pre-raid where signups cannot be changed, it would never be so long as 24 hours. I don't think it would ever go beyond 15 minutes, tops. Maybe even 5 minutes.

On the same level, we afford Raid Leaders the same consideration. They are able to cancel their events as well, because plans change or people become sick. However, if a pattern develops where a leader is constantly cancelling their raids at the last minute, this isn't beneficial for the community and we do take action as necessary.
Gott weiß ich will kein Engel sein
"Não se pode agradar nem a Gregos nem Troianos"
Previous Director of OpenRaid
Darrie
Darriepants, US-Horde
Knight-Captain
Knight-Captain
OpenRaid donor!

Postby Tenshidono » View Tenshidono's OpenRaid characters » Tue Jun 02, 2015 8:22 pm

Drakestalker wrote:No, that will never happen. The day raid leaders will have to lock in their roster 24 hours before the event will be the day I stop raid leading on OpenRaid. This "I want, therefore raid leaders must provide" attitude is not healthy, and I see it's quite widespread.

Here's a suggestion for you. Try to look for more than one raid, sign up to all raids that seem attractive to you, and see which one pans out. Don't put all of your eggs in one basket, so to speak. Of course, you will sign off from all other raids once you get approved to one, but the point is that if one raid doesn't work out, you won't have wasted an entire week.

To increase your chances of getting approved you can look up the event leader, create a character on his realm, talk to him, PM him on OpenRaid, sh*t like that. :)

Drake's right in this aspect I try my hardest to get in touch with my raiders should I have the means to run an event that week life sometimes gets in the way lol. But if I was in this situation which I have been before I will defintally jump onto the RL's server and PM them should I have to. It's a pain in the arse but if you can't get in touch with them via OR then it's the only other option. ;) I wish you happy hunting in your raid endvours sir/madame if you were on US I'd totally invite you to my raids <3

~Tenshi
Pew pew! call me Tenshi ;)
Tenshidono
Tenshidono, US-Alliance
MVP
MVP

Postby Gnomad » View Gnomad's OpenRaid characters » Tue Jun 02, 2015 11:46 pm

Happened to me the other day and I was annoyed but I just cancelled my sign-up and went to watch TV. On the other hand, as a raid lead, sometimes I save a spot for a certain class or role or whatever and I don't create reserve list just yet.
In my experience, most people put on "reserve" cancel sign-up anyway, which I think is more of a problem.
Gnomad
Morghainne, US-Alliance
MVP
MVP

Postby Sapphirea » View Sapphirea's OpenRaid characters » Tue Jun 02, 2015 11:52 pm

My two cents:
Read the rules. Sign up early, at least a couple of days in advance. Look at the new posted raids daily. Read the rules. Most regular raidleaders make the team a few days before the raid. Signing up on the raid day would, at best, get you on the reserves list.

If you are new to OpenRaid, maybe join a lower raid,read the rules, or an OpenRaid hosted event to get your history going, If you have some positive feedback that is very helpful to get you accepted. And read the rules.

Most important of all: READ THE RULES. I cannot say this often enough. Read the rules. If a raidleader tells you go put a code, your experience or what-not in your signup comment, then do it. It should say so in the rules. And if you see 25 people accepted with comments on every attendee, maybe check what that is all about. In.... you guessed it... the rules. And some raidleaders don't feel comfortable being contacted by a level one char on my server, I'd rather you email me on OpenRaid. (personal forum message)

And lastly, but that highly depends on the kind of raid, which you can find in the rules, read them, add a (another) comment which is helping or funny. For example if I am running a SoO raid, I couldnt care less if you have the curve achievement. On current content it might be interesting but be careful to not sound elitist. I always have a weak spot for people who say that my raid is exactly what they were looking for. Anyway, so many raidleaders, so many colors. Read the rules, and you will find out more.
Sapphirea
Xaida, EU-Alliance
MVP
MVP

Next

Return to Suggestions