OpenRaid

Forums

You have private messages. Click to view them. You can access the forum via 'Board index'. See 'OpenRaid/My Account/Preferences' to change this behaviour.

[World of Warcraft] Herald of the Titans

[World of Warcraft] Herald of the Titans

Postby Drakestalker » View Drakestalker's OpenRaid characters » Mon Oct 12, 2015 5:18 am

Heyho!

My name is Alex, but most people know me as Drake. I am making this post in hopes that it will help OpenRaiders get one of the most frustrating, but sought after titles in the game.

I am talking about the Herald of the Titans feat of strength, of course. I see that there is a lot of confusion insofar as this achievement and its requirements are concerned. Here’s anything and everything you need to know about getting up to snuff.

If, however, you’re past the preparation phase and all you’re looking for is a chance to down Algalon, then join Drake’s Heralds of the Titans.

Disclaimer: This guide was written during patch 6.2.2. Depending on when you’re reading this, some or all of the information contained here may or may not be out of date.

Basics:

This achievement can only be obtained on a level 80 character. Level one such character. Once you reach level 80, visit Slahtz (Horde) or Behsten (Alliance) to lock your experience. The process costs 10 gold and is reversible for the same fee.
You may not wear armor above the iLvL of 226. This includes necklaces, rings, and trinkets.
You may not wear weapons above the iLvL of 232. This includes shields and off-hand frills.
After the WoD stat squish, Blizzard has made it so that every 1 average iLvL point above 200 gives you 1.67% increased damage/healing done and 1% reduced damage taken. (Source)

Gear:

226 iLvL armor and 232 iLvL weapons drop from all Ulduar 25 man bosses (except Algalon) and the Ulduar 10 man hard mode bosses (including Algalon).
226 iLvL armor can also be purchased for gold from former Emblem of Conquest vendors, such as: Paldesse (Cloth), Valerie Langrom (Leather), Bragund Brightlink (Mail), Dubin Clay (Plate), Magister Sarien (Horde), Arcanist Firael (Alliance), etc.
232 iLvL weapons can also be obtained from the Trial of the Crusader 10 man Normal.
232 iLvL weapons can also be obtained from Onyxia’s Lair 10 man.
232 iLvL weapons can also be obtained from the Forge of Souls Heroic, the Pit of Saron Heroic, and the Halls of Reflection Heroic.

Note I: - The more sockets it's got, the better! If you have a choice between an item with your 2 best secondary stats, but no sockets, and another one with worse secondaries, but with a socket or two, then definitely pick the one with the socket(s). Colors are irrelevant, just get them shiny sockets!

Note II: - Ulduar crafted gear has a lot of sockets, look into that.

Note III: - When running Ulduar, check if you don't have BiS items dropping from any 10 man hard mode encounters, before you go ahead and just zerg the whole thing on 25 man. You can switch the difficulty for each boss. Just go out, switch from 25 man to 10 man, or vice-versa, go in, and you're good to go!

Note IV:Ulduar 10 man hard mode armor, weapons, and Trial of the Crusader 10 man Normal weapons typically have the highest numbers of sockets.

Note V: - Don't bother with Ulduar 25 man hard modes. Those drop 239 iLvL armor and weapons.

Note VI: – Understand that absolute BiS gear is not needed. Don't be desperate to get every single piece. Do not make your team wait 2 months for you to get that one drop. As long as your average iLvL is above 220, and of course, you make an effort and get enchants, gems, glyphs, flasks, potions, and proper food, you're good to go.

BiS gear sets:

Blood DK
Holy Paladin
Guardian Druid
Balance Druid
Assassination Rogue
Fury Warrior
Arms Warrior
Restoration Shaman
Holy Priest
Marksmanship Hunter

Note I: These lists are made by a human, yours truly, ergo they are subject to human error. Do not assume they are infallible. Feel free to tweak them, or just simply build your own set.

Note II: If the BiS set you are after is not featured in this list, request it and I will add it.

Enchants:

WoD enchants - Use the Gift enchants on your necklace, cloak, and rings. These can be applied to items of any iLvL.
WotLK/Cata/MoP enchants - These enchants cannot be applied on items above iLvL 600, but then again you won't be wearing anything of 600+ iLvL for Herald of the Titans. Use these enchants, except for the cloak enchant. Use the WoD cloak enchant.
Weapon enchants - Mark of the Bleeding Hollow. Mastery is retardedly overpowered at level 80. You should try and stack as much mastery as you possibly can. This enchant gives you a chance to proc 100 mastery rating. 100 mastery rating is worth about 11% mastery at level 80. Unless mastery is your absolute worst stat and it gives you nothing useful, and I mean absolutely nothing, then this is definitely the enchant you want to go with.

Enchant templates:

Tanks
Strength/Agility DPS
Intellect DPS/Healers

Gems:

WoD gems - Unusable.
MoP gems - Unusable.
Cata gems - Unusable.
WotLK gems - These gems are the best. However, they can be expensive. Use them only if you need a specific stat combination that the TBC gems lack. Use epic gems only, don't be a chump change motherf*cker.
TBC gems - These gems have the exact same stats as the WotLK gems. However, the TBC green/purple/orange gems have less stat combinations compared to the WotLK ones. Nevertheless, they are cheaper and easier to come by. Use these if you want simple, pure stat gems. Use epic gems only. Seriously, these are really cheap!

Note: Don't forget to get an Eternal Belt Buckle.

Flasks:

Strength flask - Flask of Titanic Strength
Agility flask - Flask of the Winds
Intellect flask - Flask of the Draconic Mind
Stamina flask - Flask of Steelskin
Spirit flaskFlask of Flowing Water

Potions:

Strength potionGolemblood Potion
Agility potion - Potion of the Tolvir
Intellect potion - Volcanic Potion
Armor potion - Earthen Potion
Health potion - Mythical Healing Potion
Mana potion- Mythical Mana Potion

Buff food:

Primary stats:
26 Stamina + 26 Strength - Beer Basted Crocolisk
26 Stamina + 26 Agility - Skewered Eel
26 Stamina + 26 Intellect - Severed Sagefish Head
Secondary stats:
26 Stamina + 26 Haste – Basilisk Liverdog / Crocolisk Au Gratin
26 Stamina + 26 Crit - Grilled Dragon / Baked Rockfish
26 Stamina + 26 Spirit - Delicious Sagefish Tail
26 Stamina + 26 Mastery - Lavascale Minestrone
26 Stamina + 26 Dodge - Mushroom Sauce Mudfish
26 Stamina + 26 Parry - Blackbelly Sushi
26 Stamina + 26 of your main stat - Fortune Cookie
26 Stamina + 26 of your main stat - Seafood Magnifique Feast - Pro cooks should stack up a couple of these, so they can provide their entire group with buffs.

Note: The stats that the Seafood Magnifique Feast or the Fortune Cookie give are, although useful, not always your best stats. If you want to make sure you are 100% optimally buffed, then take the extra time to get specific buff food, for what in Blizzard’s opinion is a useful stat, in reality may or may not be your best stat.

Boss:

Watch TankSpot’s guide to Algalon the Observer 10 man here. Keep in mind, though, that Algalon the Observer was current content when TankSpot made this video, hence some of the information might be outdated. Here are a couple of things that we found to be of note.

Note I: We found that the beatdown phase doesn’t last very long, nowhere near long enough to justify the use of Bloodlust. Ergo, I advise you use Bloodlust on the pull, when you know for sure that all cooldowns and procs are up. Also, keep in mind that the boss has a short RP when you pull him. Only pop Bloodlust and cooldowns once he is actually active. This formula doesn't work for prepotting, however. Prepot before you activate the boss, for you will be in combat for the duration of the RP. Sure enough, you will lose some potion time, but it's better than nothing!

Note II: The damage done by Cosmic Smash is not as big of a deal as you might think. Sure enough, you’ll get one shot if you stand right on top of it, but it’s absolutely survivable if you’re 5 yards away, though you will sustain heavy damage. In any case, if you’re 10 yards away, you’ll barely take any damage. The only problem with Cosmic Smash is visibility. Make sure you keep your eyes open for it and maybe even have someone assigned to calling and spotting it.

Note III: Believe it or not, but the most common thing that gets people killed here is walking into black holes by mistake. Beyond obviously just blindly walking into one, here’s something you might not have thought of. First, make sure no one is standing near a Collapsing Star when it dies, for it immediately spawns a black hole where it dies, and it will suck in anyone standing in it, melee typically. Second, when you enter a black hole to avoid the Big Bang, make sure you’re not still standing in the same spot when you get out, because you’ll spawn on top of the same black hole, and you’ll immediately get phased again. Also, remember where other black holes are, so that after you move around in the phase, you don’t spawn on top of another black hole.

Note IV: Depending on how strong your overall raid healing is, you may or may not be able to completely ignore the Living Constellations.

d[^_^]b Thank you for taking the time to read this! I hope that some of it, if not all of it, will help you on your journey to become a Herald of the Titans!

Join our Facebook or OpenRaid groups and be the first to know about any of the latest events and updates:

Drake's Division on Facebook!

Drake's Division on OpenRaid!

Flame on!
Last edited by Drakestalker on Wed Dec 30, 2015 12:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

"Those who make conversations impossible, make escalation inevitable."

- Stefan Molyneux
Drakestalker
Adun, EU-Horde
Sergeant Major

Re: [World of Warcraft] Herald of the Titans

Postby shaola » View shaola's OpenRaid characters » Sun Nov 08, 2015 4:33 am

Hello!

Thanks a lot for your Guide!

My GF and I are planning to set up a guild group to do this and this guide helps a lot! One question though: Any gear/stat/state of mastery explanation for Elemental Shaman and Affliction/Destro (whichever you consider better for HotT) Lock?
shaola
So, EU-Horde

Postby Tinuniel » View Tinuniel's OpenRaid characters » Tue Feb 23, 2016 1:39 pm

Are you boosting also at the ally side?
Tinuniel

Postby Drakestalker » View Drakestalker's OpenRaid characters » Tue Feb 23, 2016 1:52 pm

Tinuniel wrote:Are you boosting also at the ally side?

No.

Flame on!

- Stefan Molyneux
Drakestalker
Adun, EU-Horde
Sergeant Major

Postby hugalotbear » View hugalotbear's OpenRaid characters » Tue Feb 23, 2016 2:59 pm

I just wanted to offer some help. I solo Ulduar 2x a week on 2 different toons for Mimiron's Head. If anyone wants to tag along with me for free loot so they can better their toon for Herald of The Titans, please add me to battle tag and let me know. I can take multiple people. I ask of no payment, just keep up as I clear it. My battle tag is digikma#1123
hugalotbear
Hugalotbear, US-Horde

Postby Chisato » View Chisato's OpenRaid characters » Sun Apr 03, 2016 12:09 am

Hi!

Would it be possible to get a guardian druid BiS list? I've tried google and ended up with someone's list, http://www.wowhead.com/list=5414287/gua ... titans-bis but it seems really odd :S
Chisato
Chisato, EU-Horde

Postby Drakestalker » View Drakestalker's OpenRaid characters » Sun Apr 03, 2016 12:43 am

Kinkypie wrote:it seems really odd :S

Many people don't know that after the WoD stat squish, Blizzard has made it so that every 1 average iLvL point above 200 gives you 1.67% increased damage/healing done and 1% reduced damage taken at level 80 whilst in WotLK instances. High iLvL gear is definitely better.

I'll add a bear set, sure.

Flame on!

- Stefan Molyneux
Drakestalker
Adun, EU-Horde
Sergeant Major

Postby Chisato » View Chisato's OpenRaid characters » Sun Apr 03, 2016 1:21 am

Drakestalker wrote:

Many people don't know that after the WoD stat squish, Blizzard has made it so that every 1 average iLvL point above 200 gives you 1.67% increased damage/healing done and 1% reduced damage taken at level 80 whilst in WotLK instances. High iLvL gear is definitely better.

Flame on!

Yeah that was my thought as well, I've looked into the tier set but for example [[Conqueror's Nightsong Raiments]] just seems meh if you look at the bonuses so I'm guessing [[Winter's Icy Embrace]] is a better choice for chest? And etc for the other slots since the tier set bonus sucks. If we are going by high ilvl (since that seems logical due to the stat squish) we don't really have much to choose from :P
Chisato
Chisato, EU-Horde

Postby Drakestalker » View Drakestalker's OpenRaid characters » Sun Apr 03, 2016 2:24 am

Chisato wrote:
Drakestalker wrote:

Flame on!

Yeah that was my thought as well, I've looked into the tier set but for example [[Conqueror's Nightsong Raiments]] just seems meh if you look at the bonuses so I'm guessing [[Winter's Icy Embrace]] is a better choice for chest? And etc for the other slots since the tier set bonus sucks. If we are going by high ilvl (since that seems logical due to the stat squish) we don't really have much to choose from :P

Done. The 3 non-pure dodge gems are only there to activate the meta.

Flame on!

- Stefan Molyneux
Drakestalker
Adun, EU-Horde
Sergeant Major

Postby Chisato » View Chisato's OpenRaid characters » Sun Apr 03, 2016 11:31 am

Drakestalker wrote:
Chisato wrote:
Drakestalker wrote:

Flame on!

Done. The 3 non-pure dodge gems are only there to activate the meta.

Flame on!

Hey, added all your items to a list instead, i think it gives a nice overview of the stat breakdown :)

http://www.wowhead.com/list=10836619/he ... -wod-6-2-4
Chisato
Chisato, EU-Horde

Next

Return to World of Warcraft Guides & Support