OpenRaid

Forums

You have private messages. Click to view them. You can access the forum via 'Board index'. See 'OpenRaid/My Account/Preferences' to change this behaviour.

OpenRaid Owners

Anything to do with World of Warcraft.

Re: OpenRaid Owners

Postby Soulmonger » View Soulmonger's OpenRaid characters » Sun Dec 09, 2018 6:51 pm

What on earth has happened to my beloved OpenRaid? I just came back recently and seen the game has kind a died out. I figured I would hop on OpenRaid and see what's happening with everyone and I'm in shock what I see, and what on earth happened to my reputation? I was nearly exalted with the site, oh well, that doesn't matter, what matters to me is seeing this site flourish once again. I only see Mr. Neall's posting events for the US Horde side. What has happened? I apologize for my ignorance of not knowing but I've been away building my company.
Soulmonger
Soulmonger, US-Horde

Postby Harime » View Harime's OpenRaid characters » Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:09 pm

I don't feel like advertising competition for OpenRaid on OpenRaid is particularly tasteful, but there seems to be a strong desire for a replacement.

During the long downtime earlier this year, I built a partial replacement for OpenRaid for a group I was part of. All of the core functionality exists, but some of the side stuff doesn't (feedback, forums, search). That group isn't raiding anymore, so my site is currently empty and I've turned off the server. I'm willing to turn it back on if people are interested. For those concerned about security, it's open-source.

This isn't the place to link the site or discuss specifics of it, but if you're interested you can add me on Discord (Req#8699) and we can do it there.
Harime
Req, US-Horde

Postby misterchicky » View misterchicky's OpenRaid characters » Thu Dec 13, 2018 12:02 am

Harime wrote:I don't feel like advertising competition for OpenRaid on OpenRaid is particularly tasteful, but there seems to be a strong desire for a replacement.

During the long downtime earlier this year, I built a partial replacement for OpenRaid for a group I was part of. All of the core functionality exists, but some of the side stuff doesn't (feedback, forums, search). That group isn't raiding anymore, so my site is currently empty and I've turned off the server. I'm willing to turn it back on if people are interested. For those concerned about security, it's open-source.

This isn't the place to link the site or discuss specifics of it, but if you're interested you can add me on Discord (Req#8699) and we can do it there.

Please.. feel free to mention your site/tool or anything else you believe will help people.

I wasn't ever a WoW player personally, so I wasn't an OpenRaid user, but when Zerg was purchased, it was important to me for OpenRaid to stay alive for the users. As I mentioned above, the plan was to merge 3 items together, but the landscape changed so quickly, it just didn't happen and now the purchasing company has moved onto something entirely different and simply holds the Zerg database as an asset.

I know from the history, the LFG feature dropped the OR traffic by close to 80%, but since the site is so simple and cheap, it made it viable to keep alive.

BTW, my sources say that LFG WILL be in the WoW classic release.
misterchicky

Postby Drheckyll » View Drheckyll's OpenRaid characters » Thu Dec 13, 2018 3:25 am

I was one of the original (since cata) RL of this site and watched it grow and die (even met the original dev at blizzcon) - the strength of the site is the forward scheduling tool. The ingame calendar does not work cross realm as good or at all.

Unfortunately with no support i can't refer people here with any confidence, nor can i keep posting events if the site is unstable at best. At the end of legion we had a fear that at any day the multiple teams and events we organised would be lost and the roster list was key to our organization of every event. As a result we built a community and now use discord BUT without the schedule service it all feels rather disorganized even now. Still we get the job done somehow - mostly using the LFG tool. The moral is adapt and overcome. - LFG is a tricky thing to use well but once you learn how it's not that bad - just can't forward plan which i loved.
Drheckyll
Drheckyll, US-Alliance
MVP
MVP

Postby Harime » View Harime's OpenRaid characters » Thu Dec 13, 2018 6:28 am

misterchicky wrote: Please.. feel free to mention your site/tool or anything else you believe will help people.

I suppose I'll do it, then.

https://raidgroups.ddns.net/
You can see here that it was, at one point, in use.

I'm sure there are still bugs I haven't found. If people actually use the site, I'll put effort into fixing broken things and adding missing features.

I should mention that the site doesn't work on Internet Explorer. You shouldn't be using IE anymore. If it breaks outside of IE, bug me on Discord (Req#8699).

Update: Working with someone to publicize the site. Need to fix up a few things first.

Last update: Site has been advertised in the Achievements Discord.
Last edited by Harime on Sat Jan 19, 2019 3:02 am, edited 2 times in total.
Harime
Req, US-Horde

Postby wasiu » View wasiu's OpenRaid characters » Sat Dec 22, 2018 9:32 pm

I remember as I found so many good groups here during Cata and MoP, and so many lovely friends.

Nostalgia... so many good memories from this place! :o
wasiu
Lexsia, EU-Alliance
Private
Private

Postby stigendresen » View stigendresen's OpenRaid characters » Sun Dec 23, 2018 10:25 am

Greetings.

Good to see that the site is accessible again. What is the current plan for the functionality ?
stigendresen
Matnalen, EU-Alliance

Postby stigendresen » View stigendresen's OpenRaid characters » Sun Dec 23, 2018 6:48 pm

Harime wrote:
misterchicky wrote: Please.. feel free to mention your site/tool or anything else you believe will help people.

I suppose I'll do it, then.

https://raidgroups.ddns.net/
You can see here that it was, at one point, in use.

I'm sure there are still bugs I haven't found. If people actually use the site, I'll put effort into fixing broken things and adding missing features.

I should mention that the site doesn't work on Internet Explorer. You shouldn't be using IE anymore. If it breaks outside of IE, bug me on Discord (Req#8699).

Edit: Discovered a currently broken thing (or two). Site should still work fine for NA.

Thumbs up for this project :) ;)
stigendresen
Matnalen, EU-Alliance

Postby Blana » View Blana's OpenRaid characters » Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:51 pm

i'm trying to figure out why this site is still even up? i mean everything is outdated and nothing working, where is the chat rooms gone? i guess maybe nostalgia purposes?
Blana
Blana, EU-Alliance

Previous

Return to General Discussion