OpenRaid

Forums

You have private messages. Click to view them. You can access the forum via 'Board index'. See 'OpenRaid/My Account/Preferences' to change this behaviour.

Selling Runs/CM/Wins/Achievements/Legendary or Gear

The latest news, announcements etc. from OpenRaid will be posted here.

Re: Selling Runs/CM/Wins/Achievements/Legendary or Gear

Postby Bellancia » View Bellancia's OpenRaid characters » Wed Apr 13, 2016 4:39 pm

Bigjohn2 wrote:The Battle.net WoW forums allow it. So disallowing it here is a fantastic way to drive traffic away from OpenRaid.org, so if that is your goal then congratulations. Great Job!

In fact Blizzard will only take action once a transaction has been taken and they have evidence of the sale going through.

OpenRaid doesn't allow it because selling boosting services can risk us looking access to their API which allows all raid and character data to be accessible on the site.
Bellancia - US Horde
Ex-OpenRaid Director and Murloc Lover.
Follow my Twitch | Email Me | See my raids | Follow me on Twitter
Bellancia
Waffleshop, US-Alliance
Forum & Chat Team
Forum & Chat Team
OpenRaid donor!

Postby Talimar » View Talimar's OpenRaid characters » Wed Apr 13, 2016 10:03 pm

I think he means wow forums allow boosting for gold. They just don't want to you crossing in-game services/gold with outside services/money.

But yeah, I don't want this site full of boosting runs. Completely goes against the spirit of the site.
Talimar
Talixium, EU-Horde

Postby autarch » View autarch's OpenRaid characters » Thu Apr 14, 2016 1:46 am

Bigjohn2 wrote:The Battle.net WoW forums allow it. So disallowing it here is a fantastic way to drive traffic away from OpenRaid.org, so if that is your goal then congratulations. Great Job!

I just want to add something here. Blizzard has changed SOME of their rules over the years to allow for certain things they didn't used to. Certain things still remain against TOS.

One of the big ones is account sharing.

So, in order to keep our accounts clean with Blizzard, which allows us our API Access, we have to make sure that no raid suggests any form of account sharing.

IE, if someone posts a raid and says looking for experienced people to help boost and it appears that the goal is for this group of people to log into OTHER PEOPLE'S ACCOUNTS to do runs for them.. we can't allow that.

However, what Blizzard NOW ALLOWS (didn't used to, but now does) is a "carry" situation. You log into your lower account, someone else logs into theirs and you play together in an effort to help "boost" the lower account in return for in game gold as payment for helping them.

However, to keep our nose clean with Blizzard (and with all the companies we are planning to work with in the future as we go from a single game to a multi-game site) we need to make sure that there is no suggestion that account sharing is or could happen and that there is not even the REMOTEST suggestion of IRL money.
autarch
Autarch, US-Horde
Corporal
Corporal

Postby Neridius » View Neridius's OpenRaid characters » Fri Apr 07, 2017 1:54 pm

Are these rules applicable to banner ads that are occasionally visible on events?
Neridius
Nergtergar, EU-Alliance

Postby Bellancia » View Bellancia's OpenRaid characters » Sat Apr 08, 2017 4:55 am

Neridius wrote:Are these rules applicable to banner ads that are occasionally visible on events?

Unfortunately these ads slip through the filter every so often.

If they do and you would like to report it, right click the ad, press copy link address and log a support ticket with the link.
Bellancia - US Horde
Ex-OpenRaid Director and Murloc Lover.
Follow my Twitch | Email Me | See my raids | Follow me on Twitter
Bellancia
Waffleshop, US-Alliance
Forum & Chat Team
Forum & Chat Team
OpenRaid donor!

Previous

Return to News