OpenRaid

Forums

You have private messages. Click to view them. You can access the forum via 'Board index'. See 'OpenRaid/My Account/Preferences' to change this behaviour.

Selling Runs/CM/Wins/Achievements/Legendary or Gear

The latest news, announcements etc. from OpenRaid will be posted here.

Re: Selling Runs/CM/Wins/Achievements/Legendary or Gear

Postby injustice » View injustice's OpenRaid characters » Thu May 07, 2015 2:18 pm

Akudama wrote:
Abraxxas wrote:why u cant sell stuff?

Just to add clarity to this issue as there has historically been a lot of confusion regarding this.

It is against the terms of service to trade an in game service for real-life currency.

It is NOT against the TOS to trade in game services for in-game currency. However it isn't supported by Blizzard.

This means that if somebody neglects to pay for their service/achievement that Blizzard is not going to intervene and make this person pay up.

That said! OR has their own rules regarding the advertising of these kinds of services and as such should be respected while conducting yourself on this OR website

That is why you always collect up front.
injustice
Injustice, US-Alliance
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby Darrie » View Darrie's OpenRaid characters » Thu May 07, 2015 4:03 pm

That is why you always collect up front.

I don't care if you collect up front, in the middle or at the end. Just don't do it here. 8-)
Gott weiß ich will kein Engel sein
"Não se pode agradar nem a Gregos nem Troianos"
Previous Director of OpenRaid
Darrie
Darriepants, US-Horde
Knight-Captain
Knight-Captain
OpenRaid donor!

Postby Mitsukai » View Mitsukai's OpenRaid characters » Thu Jul 30, 2015 1:23 am

And trade wins? Or kills? Like "I'll log my Panda for you to kill for your Nemesis and then you do the same" kind of events!?
"Though a candle burns in my house…there's nobody home"

Mitsukai
Mitsukai, EU-Horde
MVP
MVP
OpenRaid donor!

Postby Darrie » View Darrie's OpenRaid characters » Thu Jul 30, 2015 2:06 am

Mitsukai wrote:And trade wins? Or kills? Like "I'll log my Panda for you to kill for your Nemesis and then you do the same" kind of events!?

Kill trading is fine, totally okay, since all members of the party know exactly what is happening and why. That being said, if the person on the other side bails after they get their kill and doesn't stay to help you, you're out of luck, basically do this at your own risk.

However, trading Battleground Wins and HK farming can be viewed as abusing the mechanics of the Battlegrounds and is a more touchy subject and will be reviewed on a case by case basis.
Gott weiß ich will kein Engel sein
"Não se pode agradar nem a Gregos nem Troianos"
Previous Director of OpenRaid
Darrie
Darriepants, US-Horde
Knight-Captain
Knight-Captain
OpenRaid donor!

Postby Mitsukai » View Mitsukai's OpenRaid characters » Thu Jul 30, 2015 2:09 am

Darrie wrote:
Mitsukai wrote:And trade wins? Or kills? Like "I'll log my Panda for you to kill for your Nemesis and then you do the same" kind of events!?

Kill trading is fine, totally okay, since all members of the party know exactly what is happening and why. That being said, if the person on the other side bails after they get their kill and doesn't stay to help you, you're out of luck, basically do this at your own risk.

However, trading Battleground Wins and HK farming can be viewed as abusing the mechanics of the Battlegrounds and is a more touchy subject and will be reviewed on a case by case basis.

True. Well, I wanna do a Nemesis event in the future, doesn't have to be in a BG, so no win / losses would be involved :p
"Though a candle burns in my house…there's nobody home"

Mitsukai
Mitsukai, EU-Horde
MVP
MVP
OpenRaid donor!

Postby Clansidious » View Clansidious's OpenRaid characters » Fri Jul 31, 2015 9:57 pm

Darrie wrote:Under no circumstances does OpenRaid allow players to use our website to sell runs/achievements/mounts/gear of any kind for money, in game currency, items, or other goods. Similarly, you are not allowed to use our website to offer money for someone to get you runs/achievements/mounts/rating in game.

You are not allowed to use OpenRaid to find a cross-realm buyer for crafted goods for real-life money. You are allowed to use OpenRaid to find someone to craft the goods for you, under the assumption that you are trading them the materials in order to make the crafted goods. This exchange must be completed on the same server.

[b]{{Update: After 5.4, Arena Teams are no longer bound to a team or server. OpenRaid explicitly forbids the selling of Arena wins. Participation in buying or selling of Arena wins will result in a ban of your OpenRaid account.}}

:D So we can't sell Arena wins, does that mean it's OK to sell Arena loses? lol :lol: Yes I know better, but I still find my question humorous.
[/b]

If you post an advertisement on our forums for the sale of an item/run, your thread will be removed. Repeated postings may result in your account being warned/banned.

If you have any questions about this policy, you are welcome to PM me.

“Grudges are for those who insist that they are owed something; forgiveness, however, is for those who are substantial enough to move on.”
Clansidious
Mosidious, US-Horde
Sergeant
Sergeant
OpenRaid's 'lil donor!

Postby kshopper » View kshopper's OpenRaid characters » Fri Oct 09, 2015 7:14 pm

I agree with not buying these things, however I can understand why in some cases. I know that a couple or three achieves are impossible to do and some players do not have help.
kshopper
Bonesplitter, US-Alliance

Postby Drheckyll » View Drheckyll's OpenRaid characters » Tue Oct 20, 2015 5:16 am

As of 20/10/15 I'm starting to see events like http://OpenRaid.zergid.com/r/277148 posted that are Guild>Buyers>OpenRaid members - basically selling achievements. This will get worse once the moose mount drops in the next patch - keep an eye out and read the info pages carefully
Drheckyll
Drheckyll, US-Alliance
MVP
MVP

Postby Drakestalker » View Drakestalker's OpenRaid characters » Tue Oct 20, 2015 5:49 am

I fail to see how this event is selling the achievement. I make boost runs for this achievement myself, but I don't boost people in exchange for currency. I do it as pure charity.

These guys seem to be doing the same thing, albeit only for friends and family. There's nothing in the event's description to suggest otherwise.

Am I missing your point, perhaps?

Flame on!

"Those who make conversations impossible, make escalation inevitable."

- Stefan Molyneux
Drakestalker
Adun, EU-Horde
Sergeant Major

Postby Gnomad » View Gnomad's OpenRaid characters » Tue Oct 20, 2015 7:42 am

I think DrHeckyll is talking about the word "buyers", but it's probably just a reference to EPGP where you "buy" gear.
Gnomad
Morghainne, US-Alliance
MVP
MVP

PreviousNext

Return to News