OpenRaid

Forums

You have private messages. Click to view them. You can access the forum via 'Board index'. See 'OpenRaid/My Account/Preferences' to change this behaviour.

Communication 2.0

Please read the sticky thread first before posting a suggestion!

Communication 2.0

Postby Drakestalker » View Drakestalker's OpenRaid characters » Fri Apr 01, 2016 1:17 am

Let's hold Autarch's feet to the fire!

But shh, nobody tell Autarch.

Flame on!

"Those who make conversations impossible, make escalation inevitable."

- Stefan Molyneux
Drakestalker
Adun, EU-Horde
Sergeant Major

Re: Communication 2.0

Postby Mitsukai » View Mitsukai's OpenRaid characters » Fri Apr 01, 2016 4:22 am

You are bad Drake, bad! =)
"Though a candle burns in my house…there's nobody home"

Mitsukai
Mitsukai, EU-Horde
MVP
MVP
OpenRaid donor!

Postby autarch » View autarch's OpenRaid characters » Fri Apr 01, 2016 4:42 am

Mitsukai wrote:You are bad Drake, bad! =)

At least he gave "Flame On" some new context :P
autarch
Autarch, US-Horde
Corporal
Corporal

Postby Nensec » View Nensec's OpenRaid characters » Fri Apr 01, 2016 9:29 am

The main thing I hope you realize through all this, absolute ruler, is that you might have paid a sum of money for OpenRaid but you only bought the software. You can't buy the community, which is what OpenRaid is all about.

The software behind OpenRaid is not complex, any programmer worth its salary can make what OpenRaid does and that isn't what makes OpenRaid popular. The people driving the community, the people hosting events and getting their friends to join and their friend's friends to join. The people who are giving others a great time, THEY are OpenRaid.

THEY are the people you made enemies by tossing around legal wordings on a community driven gaming website and essentially getting rid of the one person they loved. In the end what you did was throwing away a lot of useless money as a result of buying OpenRaid, since a lot of people have already made known very clearly that they want to have no part of ZergID. Not so much because of how crap ZergID is right now, but largely because of the person running it: You.

You as the 'CEO' (as if titles ever mattered in gaming communities) are the very head of what IS the community. You have failed miserably at doing the job you had, being too concerned about stakeholders and what not. What has probably gotten across to you by now is that we plainly do not give a [Censored] about your stakeholders, contracts and whatnot. OpenRaid is a volunteer driven place, people come here because they don't have contractual obligations. This site was able to grew as it did exactly because there was no corporate interference, where stakeholders demand things to happen that the people actually using the product do not.

You have to change your attitude a lot, stop using legal wording to hide behind. Say '[Censored] you' to your stakeholders and board members. Because if you don't, the OpenRaid community will not follow you to ZergID no matter how good of a website you end up creating and another might rise that does exactly what OpenRaid did and what ZergID will do that people do like; but without you or your board members reaping the benefits.
Nensec
Voisin, EU-Alliance
Private
Private

Postby Ariiaa » View Ariiaa's OpenRaid characters » Fri Apr 01, 2016 4:42 pm

EU Alliance - Former OpenRaid Staff Raid Leader!

My group!
My twitter!
My twitch!
Ariiaa
Littlearia, EU-Alliance
Sergeant Major
OpenRaid donor!

Postby TheDemise » View TheDemise's OpenRaid characters » Sat Apr 02, 2016 2:00 am

Why did the first Communication Forum get removed?
TheDemise
Demise, US-Horde
Sergeant
Sergeant
OpenRaid donor!

Postby Drakestalker » View Drakestalker's OpenRaid characters » Sat Apr 02, 2016 2:20 am

TheDemise wrote:Why did the first Communication Forum get removed?

Flame on!

"Those who make conversations impossible, make escalation inevitable."

- Stefan Molyneux
Drakestalker
Adun, EU-Horde
Sergeant Major

Postby autarch » View autarch's OpenRaid characters » Sat Apr 02, 2016 2:43 am

I had posted a final message in the first one and left it locked for a day explaining that several people had asked for it to be removed or significantly redacted. The redaction necessary would have basically gutted the thread.. so I posted the news article and offered people to start a new thread to keep my feet to the fire...
Thus, this thread.
autarch
Autarch, US-Horde
Corporal
Corporal

Postby Mitsukai » View Mitsukai's OpenRaid characters » Sat Apr 02, 2016 2:57 am

autarch wrote:

I had posted a final message in the first one and left it locked for a day explaining that several people had asked for it to be removed or significantly redacted. The redaction necessary would have basically gutted the thread.. so I posted the news article and offered people to start a new thread to keep my feet to the fire...
Thus, this thread.

*cackles*
"Though a candle burns in my house…there's nobody home"

Mitsukai
Mitsukai, EU-Horde
MVP
MVP
OpenRaid donor!

Postby TheDemise » View TheDemise's OpenRaid characters » Sun Apr 03, 2016 7:04 am

autarch wrote:

Thus, this thread.

Thats funny, it was my Forum post... There was a bit of communication there. Now its gone, I was not notified, nor did I see a 24 Hour Locked post... TBH Seems Fishy...

How many people asked for it to be removed? Like, I honestly do not see why? Cause there was honesty in there? Maybe some shade?... Think this is part of the reason for the skepticism of this whole merge...
TheDemise
Demise, US-Horde
Sergeant
Sergeant
OpenRaid donor!

Next

Return to Suggestions: ZergID/OpenRaid Transition