OpenRaid

Forums

You have private messages. Click to view them. You can access the forum via 'Board index'. See 'OpenRaid/My Account/Preferences' to change this behaviour.

Is this site going to get a make over?

Please read the sticky thread first before posting a suggestion!

Is this site going to get a make over?

Postby TheDemise » View TheDemise's OpenRaid characters » Sat Oct 07, 2017 6:47 pm

The site seems to be semi functional.

Character Pages are still registerring to last expansion based on raids
Character images are hardly updating
Classes have seemed to be messed up, such as my toon is registerring as a paladin based on its emblem, maybe no Demon Hunter Icon?
ilvl requirement makes me stop at 897 ilvl, instead of something that is common, like 900+

Just curious, I use to love this site, and when the transition happened, while the post was removed, there was promise and hopes of making sure this website stayed up to date and taken care of.

Obviously the website is used still but very little it appears.
TheDemise
Demise, US-Horde
Sergeant
Sergeant
OpenRaid donor!

Re: Is this site going to get a make over?

Postby Saaver » View Saaver's OpenRaid characters » Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:35 pm

Events > no antorus? what a joke..=.= they need to update this!:P
Saaver
Saaver, EU-Alliance

Postby Elitesbane » View Elitesbane's OpenRaid characters » Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:33 am

Unfortunately, after the semi-recent drama the site experienced, things have been very different around here, such as pages not loading, missing icons, and missing options in general.

OpenRaid has seen its glory days for sure, but by no means is it abandoned. Updating features and making event UI look good again would most definitely up usage and popularity of the site once again.

It's needed some love for quite a time. Now with Legion being on it's final(ish) patch, it's a good time to get back in here and patch it up.
Elitesbane
Elitesbane, US-Horde
Private
Private
OpenRaid's 'lil donor!

Postby Pebcak » View Pebcak's OpenRaid characters » Sun Jan 07, 2018 7:43 pm

Man I really hope so. This site is a great tool to find extra raids and things that my guild just doesn't have enough people interested in doing. And yes, I've noticed the weird pages not loading and stuff; it sucks. I do hope whoever runs this site will clean it up!!
Pebcak
Pebcäk, US-Alliance

Postby Talsong » View Talsong's OpenRaid characters » Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:30 am

Honestly, this site will never be the same as it once was. With Blizzard putting in the Group Forming system for cross realm, the site has lost a lot of casual users and some more loyal users. Why sit and wait for the event to fill from OpenRaid users when you can just sit in a queue and look up the player yourself, and with the raider.io Mythic Plus addon, looking up people is even easier. Just install that, copy the URL for their raider.io profile and you can see their mythic plus score, a link to their parses, and their armory. The site is still nice but it is becoming less needed. So what is the point of updating small and insignificant features like a profile pic updating or the icon of a new class? Sorry to be a mood killer but just saying.

Here to have fun, kill stuff, and get people achievements when I can.
Talsong
Fairbrooke, US-Alliance
MVP
MVP

Postby Sapphirea » View Sapphirea's OpenRaid characters » Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:00 am

I completely disagree that OpenRaid is obsolete since group finder. We still run raids 3-4 times a week and the atmosphere in our groups is so much better then in the groupfinder, where everyone seems to focus on ahead of the curve achievement, instead of fun and companionship.
And being a recurring event with the same poole of people signing, we have a steady team going, without the boudaries of a realm or guild or even mandatory show ups. We still are going strong, even though the amount of people in here is dwindling.
But yes, we could do with a make over, or update, or both. But even then I'd settle for this one if that is all we can get.
Sapphirea
Xaida, EU-Alliance
MVP
MVP

Postby SerenityAbyss » View SerenityAbyss's OpenRaid characters » Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:29 am

It'd be nice for an update or something. So many bugs, errors, things not loading (my god, my toon's image!) and the like. I used to use this way back when I think WotLK? Still using it now because while the group system is alright, it's not reliable with people coming and going. Who knows if you'll find a good group at all without wasting time? And people here, at least, make a good effort without the hassle of trying to find good pugs and groups constantly. Not saying they aren't out there, but here is easier.

If this thing had a huge makeover, I guarantee people will use this to find good groups and raid consistently.
SerenityAbyss
Serenityabys, US-Horde

Postby Talsong » View Talsong's OpenRaid characters » Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:28 pm

Sapphirea wrote:I completely disagree that OpenRaid is obsolete since group finder. We still run raids 3-4 times a week and the atmosphere in our groups is so much better then in the groupfinder, where everyone seems to focus on ahead of the curve achievement, instead of fun and companionship.
And being a recurring event with the same poole of people signing, we have a steady team going, without the boudaries of a realm or guild or even mandatory show ups. We still are going strong, even though the amount of people in here is dwindling.
But yes, we could do with a make over, or update, or both. But even then I'd settle for this one if that is all we can get.

That is few and far between compared to what the site use to be before Group Finder. Sure you have a few vets still running, including myself, Drheckyll, and the like, but the number of new people joining is nothing like it use to be.

Here to have fun, kill stuff, and get people achievements when I can.
Talsong
Fairbrooke, US-Alliance
MVP
MVP

Postby Sapphirea » View Sapphirea's OpenRaid characters » Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:51 pm

All too true, I just try not to think about that.
Sapphirea
Xaida, EU-Alliance
MVP
MVP

Postby Nightswifty » View Nightswifty's OpenRaid characters » Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:48 am

ZergID's assets have been sold, and from what I've heard the current owner does not intend to keep this site alive.

I recommend you join the Achievements discord in case you're looking to do achievements.

If you want to do normal or heroic raids, there are plenty of communities out there... Perky Pugs, Euro Group, Fail Train EU & US, etc.
Nightswifty
Nightswifty, EU-Horde
Private
Private

Next

Return to Suggestions: ZergID/OpenRaid Transition