OpenRaid

Forums

You have private messages. Click to view them. You can access the forum via 'Board index'. See 'OpenRaid/My Account/Preferences' to change this behaviour.

OpenRaid Owners

Anything to do with World of Warcraft.

OpenRaid Owners

Postby Worggy2 » View Worggy2's OpenRaid characters » Sat Nov 10, 2018 11:33 pm

Could we get a post or something on what the plans are going forward for this site? I have spoke with others and the site was down for months I know it was when I returned back to wow.

Also this isnt me being negative I just really hope the site stays up. There is no feature wow will produce that will make me use the LFG tool over this site.

I have raid lead for years through this site and there once was a huge community on this site. Its now dead but it can be rebuilt. I stream and while I am a small stream I plan to get the word out its back up and running. But if its not going to stay up I wont bother.

If this boils down to not enough money you have or had a community that would had helped. I dont really know what happened I left wow at the beginning of legion just had real life get in the way but I can tell you I posted an event a few hours ago and have 4-5 people already signed up so people are still dedicated to this site if who ever the owner is now would just include the community in whats happening.

Again this isn't a negative post I just want to see OpenRaid stay.

I dont know if the site is under new ownership but if it is you need to communicate and we can get this site going again.
Worggy2
Private
Private

Re: OpenRaid Owners

Postby Worggy2 » View Worggy2's OpenRaid characters » Sat Nov 10, 2018 11:39 pm

Also I am willing to donate my own time to help in anyway. I am no programmer but know my way around computers and I am sure I could help update the site. Their are broken links and outdated posts everywhere.
Worggy2
Private
Private

Postby TacoChell » View TacoChell's OpenRaid characters » Sun Nov 11, 2018 3:24 am

Neall on Medhiv and I spoke at length during BlizzCon about OpenRaid and from he knew the site had been bought by a group who were more interested in the emails for marketing than the site. Seeing the site back up gives hope that the people who currently own it really care.

However, it's really odd that the site came back up and the OpenRaid Twitter has been silent and other social media platforms have been silent.

There are thousands of us who would financially support this site, or take over the code base and keep it running. OpenRaid is one of the best tools ever built to support WoW.
TacoChell
Katdk, US-Horde

Postby SiegaPlays » View SiegaPlays's OpenRaid characters » Sun Nov 11, 2018 4:10 am

TacoChell wrote:There are thousands of us who would financially support this site, or take over the code base and keep it running. OpenRaid is one of the best tools ever built to support WoW.

Ay, it is sad it got washed down the drain like this.
SiegaPlays
Siega, US-Alliance
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby Kaiandra » View Kaiandra's OpenRaid characters » Mon Nov 12, 2018 12:58 am

I would really love this site to be up and working again. There is currently no feature in WOW to allow players to sign up for events based on a calendar. I don't have the time to stay in-game all day and night to look or start a group to do achievements. Yes, there is the group finder but let's be honest: people are not serious there. People bail all the time because nothing happens to them and when someone bails it's hard to find others to finish whatever you started (achievement run or just a raid etc). On OR you had the calendar. I knew i had to log in at a certain date and hour, do what i was there for and then log out. And people were serious because bailing was bringing you bad comments and you weren't being invited by that leader or others again
Kaiandra
Kaiandra
Hachimitsu, US-Alliance

Postby teelo » View teelo's OpenRaid characters » Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:52 pm

Well they've either been hacked or they sold off the unique email I created just for this site.
teelo
Teelo, US-Horde
Private
Private

Postby Winfree » View Winfree's OpenRaid characters » Wed Nov 14, 2018 2:22 am

My email fine. Maybe pass word is wrong Teelo? Had no issue logging in.
Winfree
Winfree, US-Horde

Postby nerdra9e » View nerdra9e's OpenRaid characters » Wed Nov 14, 2018 6:58 pm

please revive OpenRaid!
nerdra9e
Ñerdrage, US-Horde

Postby Roughrdr » View Roughrdr's OpenRaid characters » Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:27 pm

Would be nice to get this old girl up and running again. was always better than the in game tools.
Roughrdr
Mathesar, US-Alliance

Postby Detection » View Detection's OpenRaid characters » Thu Nov 15, 2018 1:20 am

CAN WE PLEASE GET A REVIVAL
Detection
Jineris, US-Alliance

Next

Return to General Discussion